INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- When you make a reservation for a restaurant on our site, we will need to collect certain information about you such as your name, email address, phone number and location. We do not share personal information about you with outside parties unless you made the reservation through a 3rd party website, in which case the 3rd party website will have visibility on the reservation details of your booking made through the 3rd party only to be able to provide support.
INFORMATION ABOUT ALL VISITORS OF DiningCity
- DiningCity may gather certain usage information from DiningCity, like the numbers and frequency of visitors to our web site. The data is only used on the aggregate and does not include any personally identifying information.
- DiningCity uses a technology nicknamed 'cookies'. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. They tell us how and when pages on our site are visited and by how many people; Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, although they do identify a user's computer. We do not combine information collected through cookies with other personally identifiable information in order to detect who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address; Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent this. If you do so however, you may not be able to take full advantage of our web site. The complete the restaurant reservation process can for example only be accessed if you accept cookies.
- DiningCity will, but are not obliged to, at your request or on our own initiative replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, accurate or outdated personal data on you.
- Personal information collected by DiningCity is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
AREAS NOT COVERED BY THIS PRIVATE POLICY
USER CONTENT (REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS AND OTHER CONTENT.)
- DiningCity reserves the right (but has no obligation) to monitor, remove, or edit the various types of non-compliance User Content without notifying User. Any such non-compliance User Content must not be illegal, threatening, obscene, racist, defamatory, libelous, pornographic, invasive of privacy, purposely false or otherwise injurious to third parties, any form of “spam” or advertising other websites or services etc.
STATEMENT OF POSSIBLE TRANSFEREES
- Information we collect about you will only be used by the restaurant where you make your online reservation or may be available to the partner channel you made the booking through. Example if you made a reservation on for example Ctrip’s mobile app using the DiningCity reservation form, Ctrip has visibility on this reservation information to be able to provide support to you. If you did not use a 3rd party to make your reservation the reservation data will only be shared with the restaurant you made the reservation at.
- Written reviews published on DiningCity may also be visible on partner websites or 3rd party content but will always be watermarked as coming from DiningCity. At no time does the ownership of your review change. If the review is removed on DiningCity it will also be removed from other partner websites.
STATEMENT OF RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
- You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us.
NOTICE OF CONTACT PERSON TO REQUEST ACCESS OR CORRECTION
Website traffic data
- We do not collect any personally identifiable information from the visitors to our website. Our service provider makes a record of your visit that shows only the Domain Name Server address part of your email address, e.g. "coolmail.com" from an e-mail address of "email@example.com", and of the pages visited. The service provider only discloses to us aggregate information about the number and types of visitors by reference to their Domain Name Server address. This information is used by us only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our website.
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Statement
The information collected from you will has as primary purpose to facilitate reservations at restaurants made through the DiningCity platform. This can include our events such as the Restaurant Week or other event formats we operate. The information is shared with the restaurant you made a reservation to be able to facilitate the reservation at the restaurant.
Your profile will also be used to issue reward points to your account and send you marketing promotions by DiningCity itself. You can at all times opt-out of any newsletter you receive from us.
If you made a reservation through a 3rd party you the reservation information may also be visible to the 3rd party that you made the reservation through for the purpose of providing support on the reservation you made.
Standard messages you will receive from us include:
- Reservation confirmation Email and or SMS
- Reservation change Email and or SMS
- Reservation cancellation Email and or SMS
- Reservation reminder Email and or SMS
- Dining experience review request Email and or SMS.
- Reviews exist in two types: Verified and Unverified reviews. Verified reviews are reviews you make after having made a booking and being confirmed as a guest. (48 hours after the meal). These reviews count towards your membership level with reward points. Unverified reviews are reviews you can always write about a restaurant even without having booked.
- Content: Content should be clear and factual. We recommend you to focus on the food quality, service, atmosphere / environment and the value of your dining experience. Please refrain from posting links to other websites or promotions on other sites in your reviews. We want to keep the reviews as clean and clear as possible. Please also keep the review on-topic.
- Removal guidelines: Reviews may be screened and removed if the review is a repost (sometimes we get multiple reposts of the same review), clearly written by staff of the restaurant, non-descript or vague, or abusive. We also don’t condone profanity in reviews. If you have a complaint the restaurant may reply to your review or may contact you if you have booked through the reservation system. DiningCity retains the final decision in interpretation and evaluation of review content.
Support & Complaints
- If there is something you need help with, doesn’t work properly, something went wrong during a reservation, or you’re not sure how to do something then please contact us. We rely on your feedback to help improve our services. You can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021-31076100 or email@example.com (Hong Kong) or +852 2598 5655 (Hong Kong).
- Restaurants we work with are of good standing, possess the correct qualifications and licenses and provide the service and experience they are capable of. If something does go wrong we can mediate between the restaurant and yourself and try to help provide a satisfactory outcome if the booking was made through DiningCity or any of our events.
- By uploading images to DiningCity through its website or app you confirm that the images uploaded are your own and free other copyrights. You also agree to provide DiningCity with a license to use the image on its website or on its affiliated domains and DiningCity’s marketing campaigns and events.
- Pictures should be non-offensive in nature and focus on the dining experience you had. Uploading violent, pornographic, or non-compliant images according to the guidelines of the country being hosted in may result in your account being suspended.
Liability & Conduct
- DiningCity as an online dining guide, reservation service and dining event organizer is not responsible for anything that might occur in the restaurant itself. (As a website we can’t control the cook or the waitress…). We can however contact the restaurant on your behalf if an incident has occurred and try to help you find a viable outcome.
- DiningCity does not tolerate abusive behavior of customers towards the restaurant or our own staff. We provide the service and support we can. We expect our customers to be equally professional and reasonable. Abuse will result in being blacklisted from our events, and threats will be reported to the relevant authorities.